Sunday 14 October 2012

4 Mood Boards!?

 Our next assignment was the word Surreal. which is really broad for creating a concept, unlike tentacles and robots Surreal literally has given me the freedom to create anything that i want. So i decided to create 4 mood boards showing my thought process towards my idea.

The first mood board is check looking at different surreal works, picking my favorites and annotating why i like them, i went for a different image each time but picking one core thing i like about the image.
 With this i decided to look at what kind of art style i wanted to use. I had this idea of creating a surreal image of how I obtain my ideas so I checked out a pixar short called La Luna which has been my main reference for my mood board.

Pixar has been the best in the business for 3D animation since Toy Story and apart of that is due to how they utilize mis-en-scene

I like the soft cartoony look which would work great for my image to create a soft peaceful look to juxtapose my concept. Using my brain as bait whist i fish off the moon in order to generate ideas.

...
Wait what?


To follow up, the idea is to have myself literately fishing ontop of the moon into the earth using my own brain as bait to generate ideas.

It's a visual representation of thinking outside the box.

When it comes down to finding concepts and generating ideas people say that i am the opposite of a "grounded person"
The joke is that I am so un-grounded that I have floated out of this world and ended up on the moon when generating my ideas because they are that bizare (or stupid) (sometimes good).
So i decided to litterely take this joke as the foundation for my concept because that should be surreal enough.

After looking at La Luna and other references in different ways to show the moon I also checked out space art works to see what colors are shown in space.
Because i am going to be literately fishing for ideas, i like the idea for a very cool blue theme of space, to represent the ocean. I'm not going to have myself sitting on the moon like the dream works logo because that's been done to death. I'll upload my sketches as i go along to show the basic concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment